Volunteer Bridge Academic coaching is a program to help students reach a high level of success inside and outside the college classroom. The program’s aim is to support students in their transition to the University and to ensure they get the most out of their collegiate experiences.
What will we talk about?
Whatever you choose. Transition coaches will meet you where you are and are here to support your academic and personal goals. We discuss common topics such as classes, campus involvement, finances, relationships, etc. Also, coaches are a great starting point for connecting with other offices and resources on campus.
What can you expect from your coach?
- Ignite potential
- Foster optimism
- Motivate, guide and advise on all aspects of college life experience
- Help you develop approaches, strategies, and plans for success in and out of the classroom
- Encourage exploration and discovery inside and outside of the classroom
- Will be direct and honest
What will your coach expect from you?
- Be open to discussing challenges and sharing successes and failures inside and outside of the classroom
- Share needs and goals
- Learn the importance of personal growth through feedback
- Maintain scheduled meeting times
- Be open to change and taking risks
- Always be direct and honest