Volunteer Bridge peer mentors will mentor current Volunteer Bridge students and serve as positive role models. Mentors will serve as guides and connect students to academic and social resources on campus. Mentors will help students adjust to college life and navigate both PSCC and UT campuses. They will work in the office on special projects and be present at monthly seminars.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: This Peer Mentor position beginning on August 3, 2020 and ending on May 7, 2021.
HOURS: You will work 10 hours each week for the term of the appointment. Arrangements for your work schedule will be made through Sasha Hines.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND TASKS:
- Positive attitude and sincere desire to help students
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Maturity to function as a staff member in a university office
- Professional demeanor for a leadership position
- Must be a former Volunteer Bridge student
- 2.7 GPA
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Build community among students by creating and developing social and academic programs
- Foster an inclusive environment for students
- Other duties as assigned